New Silk Way Logistics (NSWL) is a growing company. We provide intermodal solutions. The focus is on transport to and from Asia by rail with e.g. refrigerated containers. We have a challenging assignment for a research- or graduation internship.
NSWL was founded in 2016 and has experienced tremendous growth every year. The ambition is to continue this trend. We therefore need to standardize and professionalize our systems and processes. At the moment we work with different systems and programs that are not (fully) connect to each other. The plan is to combine these into one completely new transport management system (TMS) in 2022.
We have already chosen a system, but in preparation for this it is good that the current situation/way of working are mapped out, and that you provide your contribution to the further optimization and structuring of our processes. In this way, we can immediately implement the processes properly when the new TMS package goes live.
Wat ga je doen?
You will work on mapping the current processes and working procedures of the team. The team is mainly divided into an import and export team. They are not only responsible for the correct processing and planning of the orders, but also for the administrative part of the job. It is your job to make flow charts of the tasks, write out the procedures and also look at them critically. In the end, you will come up with an improvement proposal how our processes and procedures can be set up more efficiently and clearly, and which parts can be automated. You will also write a plan for the implementation of the new system. A cost/benefit analysis will be an important part of this plan.
Dit biedt KLG
- We are a recognized learning company;
- Professional and personal support during your internship;
- A team, with whom you achieve the result together, and where you can look back with pleasure on your working day and your completed planning.
- Working for a growing and healthy company where norms and values play an important role;
- Good working conditions, with an attractive salary based on full-time employment;
- Working in an organization where the lines are short;
- Attention and space for training, personal development and opportunities to grow;
- An informal and good working atmosphere;
- Space for personal input and creativity;
- A dynamic, international and innovative work environment;
- Team activities;
Want to see more of NSWL? Check out the following vlogs:
- You are looking for a full-time internship for your studies Logistics Management or Logistics Engineering;
- You share our passion for logistics;
- You are entrepreneurial, independent and proactive;
- You have a helicopter view and analytical skills;
- You have strong communication skills.
New Silk Way Logistics is a cooperation between KLG Europe and H. Essers. We have several connections and routes by rail to transport shipments to and from Asia. Also we offer intermodal solutions to our customers. New Silk Way Logistics is currently busy with handling the high demand in both directions, import & export. This increase is also due to the specialism we have, by offering temperature controlled transport in our own 45ft Reefer container fleet. This makes us unique in the market. We currently transport many shipments of medicines, medical equipment & accessories, food products and electronics. The turnaround time for these shipments by train is normally 15 days terminal - terminal. House - house deliveries is approximately 21 days.
Knowledge of the local market in China is indispensable in order to offer a quality service without extreme delays. With our reliable partners in China, we offer a door-to-door service by rail between Europe and China (and vice versa).